Thursday, May 31, 2007

12 Oaks Stables (part 2)

Some of you may recall the images that I posted a few weeks ago that I took at 12 Oaks Stables. I had such an incredible time observing and photographing the horses that I decided to return to photograph another barn wanderer.



I have always been a huge animal lover (and by huge, I mean spending all of my free time at the barn and/or watching Animal Planet huge) and learning to photograph them has been challenging and extremely rewarding.





So far my greatest lesson has been that if you truly want to capture the beauty and personality of any animal, you can't be in a hurry. Animals take a lot of patience and it often takes them longer to adjust to the presence of a camera than it does a person, and they can be shy. This little guy was very weary of the clicking noise that the camera makes when the shutter closes, but his curiosity soon overcame his weariness.



No comments: