Sunday, July 8, 2007

Documenting the ordinary



One of my goals in bringing my camera to Spain is to find ways to stretch my abilities and creativity in creating images, and I do this by trying to photograph the ordinary elements of this place in an extraordinary way. Once you learn the basic rules of photography, it can be easy to fall behind those rules and crank out images that are consistently correct. The danger in this is that if you don't ever take risks with your images or try to step outside of the rules a little, your images will continue to be good but very few will be great.

That said, here are a few more images from my Madrid wanderings.







1 comment:

Mark said...

Very cool. You're exactly right. Learn the foundations. Get them. And then stretch them to achieve something other than the safe (boring) image. You are rockin', and I'm proud that I was able to be a part of your journey.

I gotta get better, or you're gonna take over!