Sunday, July 8, 2007

Jennifer & Chet { Newnan, Ga }

Back in May I met up with my friend Mark Turner of Turner Images to photograph Jennifer and Chet's wonderful wedding at Something Special in Newnan, Ga. Mark is an amazing photographer, and I have worked with him on several weddings over the last 2 years. He was the first person to give me a chance at wedding photography and show me the ropes, and I am very greatful for his friendship.

Jennifer and her bridesmaids were so much fun to hang out with. I love this image I grabbed of Jennifer as someone cracked a joke.


She wore the most amazing pink heels.


And her dress was so intricately detailed.


Jen was so eager to put her dress on that I didn't even have the chance to grab a shot of it by itself! That's ok though because she looked so elegant in it.


Into the dress she goes.


My fingers hurt just thinking about this. They had to individually button each one of these buttons by hand.


And on go the fun, funky shoes!


Before the ceremony began I took a few minutes to photograph the rings. Here is my favorite shot of the bunch. It just says "garden wedding" to me.


Something Special is an amazing place to have a wedding, naturally, but it's also a great place to shoot one! There is a hedge lining the left side of the ceremony site with a few breaks in it where I can poke my camera through without being seen. I had a blast playing ninja and capturing candids of the couple with their friends and family.

The ceremony was very emotional. I love this shot of the maid of honor wiping away a tear.


And one final image before I leave for dinner. This is the ring bearer giving his mom a kiss. How cute!

7 comments:

Seth Floyd Jr said...

cool stuff there....another cool thing is that I live only a few blocks from Something Special...see you on OSP

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Love the shots of the pink shoes!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Another awesome wedding photography job by Lauren Wright. This is fabulous, Lauren. I love the one of the maid of honor wiping her tears away and the one of the rings on the branch.

Lauren said...

Wow, guys! Thanks for your encouragement! :D I, too, am in love with her pink shoes (though they look a little uncomfortable to wear). And thanks, K, I love you too!

abcdef said...

WOW! These are incredible, Lauren. Love them all!

Unknown said...

Those pink shoes are awesome! You caught some raw emotion in some of those shots. Great work.

kaitlin said...

Love the pink shoes! Let's definitely plan to do lunch SOON!