Thursday, July 5, 2007

When in Madrid

Bienvenidos a España!

To be quite honest with you, this has been quite possibly the most fantastic week of my life, and I have no idea where I should begin telling you about it. I guess I should start by apologizing. I promised lots of pictures, and I have yet to deliver. I arrived at the airport in Madrid only to realize that I left my CF card reader at home. I set out to buy one today and after wandering around the store for an hour completely confused, I was finally able to communicate to one of the sales people exactly what I was looking for. I brought my new card reader home all excited that I was going to be able to share my wonderful photos with you, only to find that the one that I picked up is broken. So tomorrow I'll return to El Corte Ingles to see if I can find one that will help me out.

Until then, here is an image that I took with my point and shoot camera when we visited Toledo earlier this week.



So far my adventures have included an excursion to Toledo, Spain's old capital, visiting the Museo del Prado, celebrating the 4th of July for the first time without fireworks, and enhancing my ability to communicate in Spanish. It has been amazing and I look forward to sharing more of it with you once I can upload my pictures, but right now it's 1:24am and I am ready for bed. Buenas noches!

PS. An image to make you smile :)

1 comment:

abcdef said...

Ahhh, Lauren you made it. I hope you are having a blast. I love the last shot. This looks like a parking job that I would try.